From MineScape Wiki
The Dwarven Mine contains almost every ore, with the exception of silver, runite, and special ores.At the southern end of the mine, near the Mining Guild, there is a severe infestation of scorpions and King Scorpions that will trouble those with lower combat levels. You need a combat level of 65 in order to be left alone by the King Scorpions. The only other pest would be other players with a higher Mining level than you. North of the scorpions is an Agility shortcuts (narrow crevice in the wall) requiring level 42 Agility. If your Mining level reaches 60, you may access the Mining Guild through the door on the very southern part of the mine.
Location[edit | edit source]
- Main entrance: In the foothills of the Ice Mountain, north of the Falador to Barbarian Village road. Using a combat bracelet to teleport to the Edgeville Monastery is a quick way to get to this entrance.
- Falador entrance: A building in the far north-east of Falador has stairs down to the south end of the mine. A Falador Teleport is a fast way to get here and to get to the next entrance.
- South gate: Entrance to the Mining Guild, level 60 Mining required. Using a skills necklace to teleport directly to the Mining Guild is the quickest way to get here.
- Mine cart: Use of the Keldagrim mine cart system*, to enter the mine in the north-west section. This two-way network allows players to travel between the Dwarven Mine and the bustling dwarven capital of Keldagrim*. From the cart station in Keldagrim it is also possible to travel to White Wolf Mountain and the Grand Exchange, provided that the Fishing Contest quest has been completed. One fast way to get to the mine is to take the carts from the Grand Exchange to Keldagrim and then to Ice Mountain. (Also, the train station in Keldagrim is next to the carts and thus allows access from Dorgesh-Kaan*, provided that the Another Slice of H.A.M. quest has been completed.)
- The nearest bank is in eastern Falador, via the Falador entrance. A bank can also be located in the Motherlode Mine*. A pickaxe may be required to pass through the rockfalls.
- Lassar Teleport* to the top of the Ice Mountain, then run south down.
* Not implemented
Shops[edit | edit source]
There are several shops in the Dwarven Mine.
- Nurmof's Pickaxe Shop - which sells all types of pickaxes from bronze to rune.
- Drogo's Mining Emporium - which sells ores, pickaxes, hammers and bars.
- Hura's Crossbow Shop, which sells crossbows, limbs, and stocks.
- A general store, run by a dwarf near the carts.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
NPCs[edit | edit source]
The Black Guard and engineers' station above the mine.
- Nurmof, who runs the pickaxe shop and the nearby pickaxe machine.
- Cart conductor
- Hura, who runs a crossbow shop.
- Hammerspike Stoutbeard
- Engineering assistant
- An unnamed dwarf, who runs the general store.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Dwarves (level 10) - Numerous dwarves are found throughout the mine.
- Dwarf gang members (level 44/48/49) - These hang out with Hammerspike.
- Scorpions (level 14) - These are aggressive towards players with a combat level of less than 29.
- King Scorpions (level 32) - The two king scorpions are aggressive towards players with a combat level of less than 65. They can become tolerant of players after several kills, however. The Dwarven Mine is one of the few places where King Scorpions reside.
Rocks[edit | edit source]
Low levelled rocks, such as copper, clay and tin rocks are all located south of the main entrance (from the Ice Mountain).
The higher level rocks, such as coal, gold, adamantite and mithril rocks are near the Mining Guild. 2 gold rocks are located to the east of the Mining Guild. 5 coal rocks may be found there also. A bit to the north-west, there are 3 adamantite rocks, 2 mithril rocks, 3 iron rocks, and 3 coal rocks. To the east, there is the Falador entrance. Further north, there are iron, tin, copper and 3 coal rocks.