From MineScape Wiki
An iron rock is a protruding rock containing iron ore. A player with a Mining level of 15 or higher can mine iron ore from rocks found in various mines, granting 35 Mining experience for each ore mined. After being mined, an iron rock takes 5.4 seconds to respawn.
Iron is the a popular ore that players can power-mine for experience. At the Mining Guild, Al Kharid Mine, Piscatoris Mine, Legends' Guild mine, Verdant Valley, Lovakengj Mine, Mount Karuulm Mine, Trahaearn Mine, Wilderness Resource Area, and Isle of Souls mine, there are three rocks in close proximity, which allows for convenient mining.
Mining Info[edit | edit source]
|Mining XP||35 xp|
|Respawn time||5.4 seconds|
Banking[edit | edit source]
Iron ore rocks that are close to a bank include:
- East Varrock Mine - Bank at East Varrock Bank.
- Dorgesh-Kaan Mine - Bank at the Culinaromancer's Chest, which requires doing the first subquest of Recipe for Disaster, and The Lost Tribe is required to gain access to the mine. Also, a light source, such as a Mining helmet, is needed. For best results, do the following:
- Talk to Kazgar and have him take you to the mines.
- Mine until your inventory is full of ore.
- Go to Mistag and have him show you out of the mines.
- Go into the Lumbridge Castle basement through the hole and bank at the Culinaromancer's Chest if Recipe for Disaster is partially completed, or bank at the Lumbridge Castle bank on the top floor if not.
- Deposit all the ore and then go back to the mines and repeat.
- Iron ore rocks at the Fight Arena Mine near Port Khazard - Bank at the Port Khazard deposit box or at Yanille.
- The Piscatoris Fishing Colony Mine - Bank inside the colony and must have completed Swan Song.
- The Legends' Guild mine between East Ardougne and the Legends' Guild - Bank at Ardougne South Bank.
- Right outside of the Mining Guild in Dwarven Mine - Bank at East Falador Bank.
- The iron ore rocks south of East Ardougne at South Ardougne Mine - Bank at Ardougne South Bank, or use an Ardougne cloak and Amulet of glory to get to the mine and bank at Edgeville.
- The West Falador Mine - Bank at West Falador Bank. Also, level 5 Agility is needed to negotiate the shortcut.
- For the daring and adventurous, the Steel Mine in the level 6 Wilderness north of Edgeville also offers a few iron ore rocks.
- The Mining Guild - Inside the Mining Guild there are two spots that have three iron rocks close together. - Bank in the Mining Guild
Power-mining Locations[edit | edit source]
There are currently 10 locations in MineScape that have iron rocks in close proximity.
- Al Kharid mine
- Isle of Souls mine - Accessible via Soul Wars minigame teleport or the Soul Wars portals at the Ferox Enclave or Edgeville.
- Legends' Guild mine
- Lovakengj mine
- Mining Guild - This is the preferred area to power-mine due to the iron rocks having a decreased respawn time. This mine has two spots with three iron rocks close together.
- Mount Karuulm mine
- Piscatoris mine
- Trahaearn mine
- Verdant Valley
- Wilderness Resource Area