Getting there[edit | edit source]
- An Amulet of Glory can provide a teleport to Draynor Village to the north of the tower.
- The fairy ring* code dis teleports you immediately south of the tower.
- The Necklace of Passage teleports you to the bridge just north of the tower.
- It can also be accessed by entering the east portal on the 2nd floor[UK] of the Wizards' Guild*, although it requires 66 Magic to enter the guild.
- Aubury can also teleport you directly to the tower during the Rune Mysteries quest. *
* Not implemented
History[edit | edit source]
The Wizards' Tower was created at the same time as the founding of the Order of Wizards at the start of the Fifth Age, following the rediscovery of runecrafting. Initially, the Order was welcoming of all researching wizards, regardless of their religion or race, though it has been claimed that Zamorakian wizards were barred from certain research topics.
Sometime one hundred years ago, the Tower was burned down, with decades of research lost, including an incantation that teleports one to the rune essence mine. However, the basement survived its destruction.
The Tower's destruction was blamed on the Zamorakian wizards of the Order, who the Order believed to have burnt down the tower in revenge for failing to steal Saradominist research. As a result, the Zamorakian wizards were expelled from the Order after the Tower was rebuilt, and they formed the Zamorak Magical Institute. However, it is claimed that the destruction of the first Tower was the result of a ritual gone wrong, as the Saradominists who performed it stole the research from a Zamorakian wizard, who made the breakthrough in teleportation magic the ritual was based on.
Inside the tower[edit | edit source]
Basement[edit | edit source]
There is an altar, but it cannot be used to recharge Prayer points. It is used during the Restless Ghost quest.
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
On the ground floor[UK], there are two rooms with many wizards. They are level 9 and quite popular for players as not many monsters drop runes and these are the only ones that drop wizard robes. There is also a leather boot spawn on the table in the library. At the staircases, there are three log spawns. There are also bookcases in the library, and players may find the following books while searching them:
- The Life & Times of a Thingummywut by Traiborn the Wizard
- Wind Strike for Beginners
- Life With a Wizard Husband ~ a Housewife's Story
- The Dark Arts of Magical Wands
- So You Think You're a Mage? Volume 28
- Fire, Earth and Water ~ What's it all About?
- How to become the Ultimate Wizard of the Universe
- 101 Ways to Impress Your Mates with Magic
Middle floor[edit | edit source]
Here resides the loony Traiborn, and Wizard Jalarast who can make Splitbark armour, with the proper supplies. Rick, a young student, can also be found here selling the elusive escape crystals for 75,000 coins. There is one or two level 9 wizards, and also a couple of useless rooms. Traiborn helps you out when making the Cake of guidance for the Lumbridge Guide in the quest, Recipe for Disaster.
Top floor[edit | edit source]
On the 2nd floor[UK] in the tower, there is a caged level 82 lesser demon free for players to battle with. Because it is caged, it cannot attack any players or do damage to them, but only long-ranged attacks or magic can harm it. If you wish to obtain the drops from the lesser demon, you must use Telekinetic Grab (33 Magic required). Also, there is Wizard Grayzag, who used to be an attackable level 41 NPC, who summoned imps to fight against players who attacked him. He plays a role in the Imp Catcher quest.
Quests[edit | edit source]
The following quests can be started in the Wizards' Tower: