A Tanner is a non-player character who, for a price, will tan hides into leather:
- Cowhide, which becomes Leather or Hard leather
- Snake hide, which becomes Snakeskin.
- Green, blue, red, and black Dragonhide, which becomes Dragon leather of the same colour.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Tanners can be found in the following locations, marked with the "Tanner" icon.
- Ellis in Al Kharid. Both the ring of dueling and the amulet of glory can be used to teleport to Al Kharid, and Ellis is near a bank.
- Tanner on the 1st floor[UK] of the Crafting Guild.
- Leatherworker in the Ranging Guild.
- Sbott in Canifis. He charges higher prices for tanning, a bit over twice what other tanners charge.
- Eodan in the Crypt of the Moon within the Forthos Dungeon. He tans hides at a higher cost than other tanners, but this can be reduced by completing parts of the Kourend & Kebos Diary.
- Mary in her farm in the Kebos Lowlands, south of the Farming Guild. Requires the completion of Getting Ahead to use.
Leathers[edit | edit source][edit | edit source]
Players can also tan hides themselves with the Lunar spell Tan Leather, which requires 78 Magic and the Fremennik Hard Diaries, without paying any coins.
|Raw material||Product||Level||Tanning price|
|Standard||Sbott (Canifis)||Eodan (Forthos)|
|Snake hide (swamp)||Snakeskin||45||20||45||30-150|
|Green dragonhide||Green dragon leather||57||20||45||40-200|
|Blue dragonhide||Blue dragon leather||66||20||45||40-200|
|Red dragonhide||Red dragon leather||73||20||45||40-200|
|Black dragonhide||Black dragon leather||79||20||45||40-200|
- ^ There is no Crafting level required to use a tanner to tan hides. Listed here is the minimum Crafting level required to make something using the leather.
- ^ Eodan's prices adjust for each completed tier of the Kourend & Kebos Diary.